I’ve been wanting to write this post for some days now. So, finally here I am with a cup of coffee getting down to revealing more about myself with the The Liebster Award.
At the onset, I want to express my gratitude to Moksha Hegde from Happy Panda for nominating me kindly. Thank you. This is my first ever award here and I’m so happy that you thought of me. I love reading her posts. They are so peppy and thoughtful. Do read her posts and follow her, if you aren’t already.
The Liebster Award
Liebster in German means – sweetest, kindest, endearing, beloved and so on. It’s a great initiative to support new blogs.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your 11 nominees
Moksha’s Questions :
- If you could wear only one colour for the rest of your life, which would you pick? I love white. It’s been a favourite for a long time now. Though technically it’s not a colour, I appreciate order and simple elegance and I think white embodies both perfectly. I wish my wardrobe had more whites in it.
- Favourite dessert? Jelly is my all-time favourite. It reminds me of when we were school kids and used to freeze jelly for a tea-time snack. In addition, I love brownies and cookies.
- Which country are you from and if you had to pick a different country to live in, which would you pick? I am from India, but would love to live in the UK. It has both bustling cities and a quiet countryside. Moreover, you don’t have to learn any new languages to adapt and it’s so cosmopolitan.
- A novel you recommend that everyone should read? I would say “The Fountainhead” by Ayn Rand. It’s such a thoughtful and insightful book and really influenced how I approached life and work, both generally and specifically. The main theme was individualism versus collectivism, not just in politics but in the souls of men. In the book, Ayn Rand presents her concept of the ideal man, “as he could be, and as he should be.”
- Can you cook? If yes, what’s your favourite dish to cook? I’m not a good cook and can just get by. I think a pulao and fried fish is as much as I can handle.
- Pick between – travelling with friends or travelling solo or travelling with your partner.- I think I’d pick travelling solo first and travelling with a partner second. I love solo travelling because you can take time to explore without being pressured to follow someone else’s itinerary. You can sit at a cafe watching the world go by or make new friends with people you’ve never met before. Travelling with a partner is also lovely because it’s so wonderful to have someone to explore a new place with. On the other hand, the memories of that place often become tied to the person you are with and that can colour your memory, if God forbid you’re no longer with that person.
- Do you prefer outdoors or being indoors? I think both, depending on the weather and my mood. I like to be outdoors at the seaside, if the weather is bright and sunny and indoors in a cozy corner if it’s rainy and chilly.
- A goal for 2020 that you’re still hopeful you’ll manage to do? I’ve been wanting to complete 60 blog posts before end of this year and hit 500+ followers. I’ve so far completed about 40 posts and still way short of that 500 followers mark. But let’s see. Miracles can happen.
- If you could only write about one topic, what would you write about? This is a tough one. Being restricted to one topic is so limiting. But, I would write about personal growth and self-development.
- Do you like adventure activities like hikes, rafting, etc.? Have you done any? I love adventure and exploring new activities. I’ve been on hikes. Never been rafting but hope to change that this year. I love being in the water and have been on jet ski rides, boat rides, kayaks and tried wind surfing also. I’m afraid of heights, so I guess bungee jumping and sky diving is a no-no for me.
- How would you describe your personal fashion style in one word (eg: comfortable)? Understated.
Thanks for reading through. Do let me know if any of my answers resonate with you in the comments section.
My nominees for The Liebster Award :
- Blessing Pius from My Diva Blog for the lovely quotes, poetry and motivational posts.
- Anjali from Chasing the Maximum life for her amazing fashion, lifestyle and inspirational posts.
- Mani from Mani’s Book Corner for the great book reviews.
- Debjani from Debjani’s Thoughts for the flawless way her words come together while reviewing books.
- Kamran from Top Education Hub for his inspirational and motivational posts.
- Christin from Life Stories by Christin for the lovely short stories and poems.
- Salsaworldtraveller’sblog for the detailed, informative and useful travel related posts.
- Rizwan from Writer Rizwan for his lovely excerpts and writings about Goa.
- Farshana from Rain ‘n’ Books for the simply superb and engaging book reviews.
- Shruba from Lemon Grass for her unique posts and lyrical poetry and words.
- Markus and Micah from Markus+Micah for their engaging travel related posts and beautiful photographs.
My questions for my nominees are :
- Which song always gets you on the dance floor?
- Have you ever disliked something and then changed your mind?
- Love or Money? What would you choose given the chance and why?
- What’s the product that you can’t live without?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever heard?
- Who or what has had the biggest impact on your life?
- Do you believe in second chances?
- Are you active on social media or do you prefer to be more private?
- Who would play you in a movie on your life?
- If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
- What’s the app that you use the most?